Wednesday 24 October 2012

About me

Hi my name is Gwalia I'm 25 and am studying the Degree with honours in Educational studies at Swansea Met. I am studying this course as for the past 4 years I have been working in schools whilst studying NCFE level 2 Classroom Assistant  then progressing to the CACHE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
Whilst working in schools I have worked in both mainstream Primary and Secondary Schools as well as Special Needs Schools acrossMid and South Wales. Whilst the past four years have given me invaluable experience I now feel I need to progress in my career which didn't seem achievable whilst in full-time employment.
At the end of this course I would very much like to work with Welfare or Educational support.
I was unsure about giving up work when I first came onto this course but I am glad I made the choice I did. I have also found part-time work to help support myself which has been an added bonus.

I am very much enjoying the course so far and have made some fab uni friends in the process.

I now live in Bridgend with my partner Chris, we bought our first house together this year. I am originally from Mid Wales from the Llandrindod Wells area but moved to South Wales three and a half years ago to be closer to my partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment